Monday, November 5, 2007

What A Difference A Month Makes


Things have been hectic since we've returned from China. We've finally gotten back to normal enough that I can continue our posts.

Junie is doing great. Her progress is amazing. We've only been home five weeks and she is copying everything we do. She seems to understand much of what we're saying and can point to her tongue, teeth, nose, and ears when you ask. When we met her, she wasn't crawling and was eating only by bottle. Now, June is pulling herself to standing, walking in a walker and eating solid, but not crunchy food. She only has four teeth.

June's personality is easy going. She almost never cries. Naps are nonexistant, but June sleeps about twelve hours a night, so I'm not complaining. She doesn't seem to care about the pets. She'll pet the cats or dog if they are sitting with me, but does not try to get them if she's on the floor. It seems that the pets feel the same way about her although Daisy has learned that where there is a high chair, there is food.

Gabby is having a ball with Junie. She plays with her, dances with her, and talks to her all the time. Gabby has also been a great help to me.

Going back to coach gymnastics was a little challenging. I did a couple of practice days and June did fine in the child care at the Y, but the first real day back, June cried so the child care people brought her out to me. I ended up holding her or have the gymnasts watch her while I coached the other gymnasts. It wasn't working for me, so I hired one of Gabby's friends to watch June in the gym while I coach. We've only done it one day so far, but it worked out great.

No comments: