Thursday, February 21, 2008

Let's Get Ready To Tumble

Gabby, June, and I went to our first gymnastics meet this season. I went as a coach. Gabby and June were just spectators. It went fairly well, but certainly much more challenging with June there. She is so good, but carrying her around is tough. Fortunately, I had plenty of help. All of the team girls like to play with her. During the meet, one of the judges told me that she is in the process of adopting a second little girl from China and showed me her daughters' pictures. It is amazing how many people I've encountered who've adopted.

After the meet we went out to dinner afterward, which is one of Gabby's favorite things to do after a meet. As soon as we got in the car Gabby said, "I want to go back to gymnastics." I said okay, but she'd have to work at it.

So, all this week we've been going to the Y to work out. This has been a week off from gymnastics, so she wants to get in shape as much as possible before next week. It's been harder than she expected. She's been very sore, but that will pass. She's excited to be going back.

No comments: