Monday, January 4, 2010

2010


Happy New Year! I am so glad that the holiday season is over and that a new year has begun. Not that I have anything against holidays, but my body does. It doesn't like large gatherings, excitement, or chaois. It just reacts badly. That ended up being a really good thing recently. After a couple of very exciting family gatherings, I ended up having a severe flair that sent me to the ER and woke up one of my doctors to the fact that I needed much better pain management.

It's only been a couple of weeks since starting my new medication, but now instead of waiting for the pain to start, then taking a pain pill that was only partially effective, I am now on a patch that constantly, slowly releases medicine. On an average day (meaning no excitement), my pain has gone from moderate to severe most of the time to mild most of the time. It's a HUGE difference. I still have to keep my old pain pills on hand, just in case, but I'm going on three days of not using them at all. Yay!

Junie loved her first day at her new daycare/preschool. She had such a good time that she wouldn't leave with me. I had to follow her around the room asking nicely for her to get her coat on until finally I decided that nice wasn't going to cut it. I told her to put on her coat, NOW, or I'd do it for her. Since she's in the "do it myself" stage of life, this was a good enough threat to get the job done. LOL She's such an easy kid that I didn't actually have to threaten her with anything real. She ran over right away to get her coat so that she could put it on herself.


Today was Gabby's 14th birthday. As usual, things were low-key because Gabby doesn't like birthday parties. Just to make her squrim a little bit, I asked about stopping in at her school with a cake. This got an immediate NO response and then a follow-up this morning of, "Please don't come into my school today, Mom." So, I didn't stop in. Instead, I bought a selection of helium balloons, some with Happy Birthday on them, and when I went to pick her up at school, stuck them out the window of the truck. She gave me a funny look and then just went with it.

Immediately following picking her up, I had a doctor's appointment. Because Gabby and I wanted to give the balloons to the kids at June's preschool, we brought them into the doctor's office so that they wouldn't be ruined by the bitter cold. Gabby seemed to have fun with it and so did all the staff and patients. Unfortunately, we found out later that balloons are not allowed at June's school (choking hazzard), so we will have them floating around the house for a couple of days. That's okay. Junie will love playing with them.


So, for now that's all the news that's fit to type. Hope you're all enjoying the start of 2010 also.

No comments: