Monday, April 28, 2008

Houdini

Riding in the car with Junie is interesting. She has learned how to pull down the top buckle of her five point harness car seat and shimmy her arms out which has not made mom happy. I've pulled over the car repeatedly to pull the straps back up while scolding her. After a couple of times of doing that, she has finally come around and is leaving the strap up. Problem solved? We'll see.

So, with the warmer weather, I've been dressing her in sun dresses with nothing on underneath but a diaper. I was sure that I was going to find her with her diaper off somewhere around the house, but somehow it stayed on until...

Gabby and I were doing some spring shopping. It was a hot day, so we were in shorts and June was in one of her sun dresses. It is about a fifteen minute drive to the mall, so Gabby and I were talking and listening to music. Usually, June babbles along with us from the back seat, but this trip she was unusually quiet. I suddenly realized that there's no noise coming from the back seat, so I peeked back to see if she was asleep. She wasn't, but she was totally naked from the waist down. Somehow she had undone her diaper and pulled it out from under her and around the five point harness. If my grandfather had seen this he would have exclaimed, "You little sh&#!" Fortunately there wasn't any of that in the seat, just a naked hiney. Gabby got a good laugh out of the whole situation. I was glad there wasn't a mess to clean up.

No comments: