Monday, April 14, 2008

POC

So, Junie has been saying lots of new words. She says Emma, purple, yes, ow, Lizzie, cracker. Every day she says something new.

For almost a year, when Gabby doesn't like something she calls it a "piece of crap". Some days it seemed like she was saying it all the time. So, when June came home I told Gabby that if she kept saying it that June's first words would be, "piece of crap". Well, that never came to pass. June has never said piece of crap. What she does say emphatically is, "Crap!". I can't blame it on Gabby though. June has learned it from some of the adults in her life. John, I, and even my friend Liz who watches June say, "crap" when things aren't going well.

I think I started it. One day while cooking I dropped a knife, barely missing my foot. I shouted, "Crap!" and picked the knife up off the floor. Immediately, I heard a little voice from behind me shout, "Cap! Cap!" That's where it all began. Now, every time she hears someone shout their displeasure by using that word, she joins in. I suppose it could be worse. Gabby once called me a bic after spending some time at a friend's house who had teenagers.

No comments: